Scottish Refugee Council works with refugees and asylum seekers across Scotland from our Glasgow headquarters.
Scottish Refuge Council works to
- Offer direct advice services to people seeking asylum and refugees.
- Conduct detailed policy work, which aims to influence policy makers in both Scotland and the UK and bring the issues that matter to those seeking refuge in Scotland to the fore.
- Produce regular research, co-ordinating both in-house projects and collaborations with leading researchers in the field of asylum.
- Support organisations in the community working with, or run by, refugees and asylum seekers, enabling them to have a voice at all levels in Scottish society.
- Co-ordinate a variety of arts and cultural events throughout the year including the annual Refugee Festival Scotland celebrations in June.
- Raise the profile of asylum in Scotland and in the UK through our communications work, which includes supporting asylum seekers and refugees to have a voice in the media.
- Organise a comprehensive programme of training events for individuals and organisations working with refugees or people seeking asylum.